Sunday, April 1, 2012

Darcy and Bingley Visit...

Almost four hours after Wickham and Lydia departed to their new residence North of England, I received news that Darcy and Bingley will be visiting Netherfield.  They arrived six days ago, and, to the great dismay of Mrs. Bennet and the rest of my family, I did not visit them.  They visited our home around three days ago, and Mrs. Bennet, being her usual ignorant self, ignored and spited Darcy, who paid for Wickham to marry Lydia, while paying Bingley a great deal of attention. Today, while hunting with me, Darcy asked for my permission to marry my daughter, Jane. As a result of this engagement, Jane is overjoyed, and Mr. Bingley will begin to visit Netherfield quite regularly. I'm happy at the prospect of Jane's marriage to Bingley, quite unlike Lydia's marriage to Wickham.

4 comments:

  1. I am also happy at the fact that my dear friend, Bingley had proposed to Jane. I hope that you like me also Mr. Bennet. I say this because I still have fellings for your daughter, Elizabeth and would still like to marry her. Hopefully if I do end up marrying her you will be happy for our marriage. I want the best for your daughter and I hope you do let me marry her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am glad that Mr. Bingley is marrying your lovely daughter Jane. I also hope that your are pleased with me, Mr. Bennet for I intend to fulfill your daughter's life with all areas of pleasurable luxuries that I can give. I hope you are glad with my proposal to Elizabeth as well. Additionally, I hope to be a part of your family soon, with Elizabeth's approval.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father, I am so glad that we have had this joy in our family. I am sure you will get along with Mr. Bingley just perfectly. You know how much he respects you. There are a few problems to work out between Mother and Darcy, but they will straighten themselves out eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing you today sir. It's a shame that lydia is rebelling like this. The rest of your daughters are great though. Was there an accident when she was younger?

    ReplyDelete