Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lady Catherine Visits...

Today, to the dismay of both me and my family, Lady Catherine came to visit Longbourn. As soon as she walked through the entrance of my home, she arrogantly requested to see Elizabeth. I just recently learned that the noblewomen visited Longbourn simply to dissuade Elizabeth from pursuing a marriage with Darcy. Attempting to sway Elizabeth, the noblewoman told her that a marriage to Darcy would ruin his social standing and class. Directly following, Lady Catherine made Elizabeth swear that she would not pursue a relationship with Darcy, and Elizabeth, being herself, rejected this proposal. In sum, if Elizabeth would like to marry Darcy, she should be wholly able to, and Lady Catherine's sentiments should have no role in this decision.

1 comment:

  1. Lady Catherine and I are obviously not too fond of each other. My feelings for her are those of hatred and animosity. I believe it is safe to say that Lady Catherine is one of the most ignorant arrogant women I've ever had the displeasure of acquainting with. She is quite foolish if she believes what she says or requests of me has any influence on my marital decision.

    ReplyDelete