Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Correspond with Lydia...

Today, I received word that Wickham and Lydia have been wed and will be residing in the North of England. Additionally, I have been corresponding with Lydia, and she would like to visit Netherfield for around ten days. I am vehemently against this because she blatantly disrespected and shamed me, her family, and her mother; accordingly, I believe that she does not have a place in the Bennet family anymore. Alas, at Mrs. Bennet's and my daughters' urging, I am permitting Lydia to visit the family. Despite all my aggravation, I am still happy to be able to see my daughter and say goodbye to her as she embarks on a new life with Wickham.

1 comment:

  1. Father you should not be so harsh with Lydia. She is just a young girl who is in love and is starting to experience what is out there in the world. I was very glad that you accepted Lydia to visit us for ten days. I know that you will spend a great time listening to what she has to say.

    ReplyDelete