Sunday, March 18, 2012

Elizabeth Visits the Gardiners, Again

The Gardiners so considerately offered to take Elizabeth on a tour of the Derbyshire countryside. As soon as I told Elizabeth this, she, in her normal analytical manner, asked if she could have a couple of hours to deliberate over her decisions. I, of course, permitted her to do so. Once these couple hours elapsed, she was still hesitant regarding whether she should go, so I asked her why this was. She replied, saying that she was afraid that the tour would travel close to Pemberley and that she did not want to see encounter Darcy. I, knowing that Darcy would be out of town then, informed her that Darcy would not be present at the time of the tour. Accordingly, Elizabeth accepted the Gardiners' offer, and she was on her way to the tour the following day.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I went I was a bit paranoid. I thought that there was a chance Darcy would be there, but luckily he was not. I felt greatly relieved when everything was over, as it was something that I was not looking forward to doing. In the end I was very thankful that I was able to join them on that beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete