Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lydia, Catherine, and Their Obsession with the Soldiers

Today, Elizabeth and Jane, my dear daughters, arrived home from Hunsford and the Gardiner residence in London. This occurrence truly brightened my day, but the events to follow were quite vexing. As Jane and Elizabeth arrived home, my two youngest daughters learned that the soldiers once stationed at Meryton are now being sent to Brighton. They both implored me to allow them to travel to Brighton, at the disapproval of Elizabeth. Despite Elizabeth's qualms about letting them travel to Brighton and potentially shame the family's name, I permitted them to go.

4 comments:

  1. you should have listened to you daughter. i believe that this is an unwise decision on a parents behalf. your job is to protect your children not send them off to flirt with soldiers. if only you would listen to you most wise daughter shame should not be brought upon your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that it was a nice act of letting them go to Brighton. You may never know if they will find their special man over there. If only I could experience their adventures of going over to see soldiers. Oh how I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you would allow your daughters to go to Brighton. They are to young to be in such a place with such low-class company. Lady Catherine would never permit her daughter to follow soldiers around, and you should follow her fine example. Also, think of what censure Charlotte and I would receive from those around us if your daughters displayed misconduct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe they were here all this time and I still didn't get to talk to them and have a gull conversation once. I hope I can visit soon. I would be careful about which soldiers your daughters are talking too. Mr. Darcy always seems to be talking about one that he hates in particular, for good reasons too.

    ReplyDelete