Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Search Begins...

Today, Mr. Gardiner and I woke up at five o' clock in the morning. Promptly following, we dressed and ate two delicious omelets. We then began our search for Wickham and Lydia. We began by simply scouring the streets for them and asking everyone we saw whether they have seen Lydia or Wickham. Six hours later, at around noon, we realized this attempt at finding Lydia and Wickham was, in fact, futile. We then ate a meager lunch of soup and bread and promptly continued our search. Next, we visited seemingly every hotel in London, asking if any of the residents were Lydia or Wickham. Just like our last plan, this plan was also futile. So, that night, tired and weary from a day of searching, Mr. Gardiner sent a letter to Longbourn informing the family that our attempts at finding Lydia and Wickham were in vain.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I hope that you guys find her. I have not heard from her in a while, and we need to catch up on things. Please father, do not do anything to Lydia and Wickham that you will soon regret. Take care and be safe in search for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, please find Lydia and Wickham before anything happens. I'm afraid Wickham can not be trusted. You should have made Lydia stay. I only hope that you will continue on and find them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you find her soon. Such a younng girl with such a wild young man. The scancal has already escalated, though, so maybe it would be best just to let them go. Atleast verify a marriage before though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear Mr. Bennet! Do find my dearest Lydia! Oh, I do not know how much longer I can stand not knowing how she is, and her marital status. Search vigilantly and find them! My brother said, however, that you are to keep searching. Do not give up!

    ReplyDelete