Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mrs. Bennet is Distraught

Over the past few days, especially today, my vexing wife, Mrs. Bennet has been particularly distraught over the failed romantic endeavors of her daughters, Elizabeth and Jane. Almost every waking hour, she groans about Jane's failed romantic relationship with Bingley, who, at the urging of Darcy, ended his relationship with Jane. Additionally, she continually annoys me and Elizabeth with her talk of Collins and Charlotte's successful marriage, albeit Charlotte's dislike of Collins. Next, today, Lydia departs to Brighton to visit the regiment with whom she is so infatuated.

3 comments:

  1. My typical mother just being herself. She should know that she must not lose any hope. There is still time for me and Lizzy to get married. Sooner or later she will be pleased when one of us will be engaged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand why mother is so concerned, but I wish that she would just relax and not be so urgent about us getting married. It irritates me that she continuously discusses Charlotte and Collins; she should be happy for their successful marriage instead of criticizing me for refusing him. I believe that when the time is right, my sisters and I will be delightfully married to notable men. My mother should not trouble herself any longer over our future, for it just causes more turmoil in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree! Charlotte adores me completely and unequivocally. She tells me so all the time. If not, why would she have married me?

    ReplyDelete